What Is Causing Your Back Pain?
Back pain is among the common health conditions affecting people of all ages. Some people get pain for a few days, while for others, the discomfort can persist for months or even years. When back pain occurs, you may find it challenging to perform your everyday activities. Things like going to work or performing exercises may become unmanageable.
If you are struggling with back pains, it’s time to consider chiropractic care. Thrive Family Chiropractic in Rapid City, SD is ready to walk with you in your journey to recovery. Talk to us today.
What Is Back Pain?
Back pain is one of the reasons why workers take sick days. According to recent research, approximately 3 million people take long-term sick leave due to back pain. Some common symptoms of back pain include:
- Tension in your back
- Muscle aches
- Numbness around the buttocks and genitals
- Swelling on the back
In rare cases, back pain can cause serious medical issues such as:
- Bladder or bowel problems
The human back comprises ligaments, muscles, and discs. They work together with your body to enhance movements. However, issues with any of these structures can lead to back pain. Damage to the tendons, ligaments, discs, and muscles can result from:
- An accident
- Sport injury
- Poor posture
- Lifestyle triggers such as lifting heavy objects
- Spine-related issues such as bulging disc
Visiting a chiropractor for back pain concerns will allow you to skip uncomfortable tests, drugs, and surgeries. Chiropractic care involves treating issues that affect joints, bones, muscles, and nerves of the body.
How Can Chiropractic Care Help In Back Pain Relief?
Chiropractic treatment focuses on alleviating the symptoms and finding the root cause of back pain. This non-surgical treatment is designed to relieve back pain and improve body functions. Your chiropractor will examine your spine to determine the vertebrae that are out of misalignment or other issues that may be causing back pain. Once the source of pain is identified, the chiropractor will create a personalized treatment plan. Some of the chiropractic approaches for back pain involve:
- Spinal manipulation: This involves applying a thrust on an abnormal vertebra to improve its functionality and range of motion.
- Spinal mobilization: This approach focuses on stretching joints and muscles to increase the range of motion in the lower or upper back.
- Soft tissue therapy: During this technique, your chiropractor will work to relax tight and sore muscles. This may involve applying pressure on the back to stretch the muscles. The chiropractor can use his hands or an assisted instrument to treat sore muscles.
- Exercise therapy: This involves simple exercises to prevent the pain from returning. Your chiropractor may recommend strategies such as exercises, good posture, and safe lifting techniques to prevent re-injury.
Experience back pain relief at Thrive Family Chiropractic
At Thrive Family Chiropractic, Rapid City, SD, we specialize in chiropractic care. We understand that back pain can have a negative impact on your life. If back pain is affecting your ability to perform day-day activities, Thrive Family Chiropractic is here to help. We focus on determining the cause of pain and developing a personalized treatment plan for back pain. Contact us to schedule an appointment today.