Back Pain Treatment in Rapid City, SD
Back pain relief, starts with a one-on-one consultation
- Highly Skilled Chiropractor
- Personalized Corrective Chiropractic Care
- Non-invasive Treatment
Our Rapid City chiropractic clinic offers back pain relief! Call us at (605) 718-1038 to schedule your appointment today!
It has been estimated that more than 75 million Americans experience low back pain every single year, and it has also been estimated that upwards of 80% of the entire adult population in this country will have back pain at some point in their lives. Back pain has been discovered to be the single most common disability occurring among adults aged 30 to 50, and when you consider the fact that this is the most productive age group, you can imagine the economic impact it causes.
Countless studies have shown that chiropractic is one of the most effective treatments for back pain. The whole focus of chiropractic care is to realign the spine and restore full functionality of the spinal curves and joints to relieve pressure or tension on the spinal cord and nerves. Chiropractors have the training, knowledge, and experience to understand exactly how the nervous system and spinal structure, ligaments, and joints work together, and how they can be positively or negatively impacted by different stresses in life. If you are in Rapid City or the surrounding area and are dealing with back pain, call Thrive Family Chiropractic today, and see how we can help you get back to normal.
Causes for Lower Back Pain
We seek the source of your pain
Since there are so many potential causes for lower back pain, it becomes very important to identify exactly what the underlying cause of your back pain may be. At Thrive Family Chiropractic, it is important to diagnose the cause of your pain, so we can make a customized treatment for you to get you out of your current crisis, and find the best options to eliminate it from recurring. This is really the only effective approach to being able to stop your lower back pain from happening over and over. Here are some of the most common causes of low back pain:
- Spinal bone (vertebral) misalignment– this can happen from a variety of stressors (birth, development, sporting injuries, motor vehicle accidents, workplace injury, poor posture, etc). When an individual vertebrae shifts from their original position, the body creates inflammation which impacts the nerves exiting the spinal cord and causes pain.
- Poor posture – An abnormal curve puts extra stress on the joints which can cause inflammation and pain and can lead to early degeneration. It can also put tension or stress on the spinal cord and nerves which impacts the nervous system function and whole body health.
- Muscle strains and/or ligament sprains – these can occur when your body is not conditioned to tasks that you wouldn’t normally do, or when you engage in repetitive actions which cause continual stress to your muscles and ligaments.
- Bulging or herniated discs – these are not only very common, but they can also be extremely painful. Discs can become damaged with or without you knowing about it, and symptoms like sharp or shooting pain, numbness, tingling, and loss of strength.
Chiropractic Treatment for Lower Back Pain
Come see us for a custom treatment plan
The first step toward treating your lower back pain is to identify exactly what is causing that pain, and to do that, you should contact us at Thrive Family Chiropractic in Rapid City, so we can diagnose the root cause of your health condition. Then we will use whatever treatment procedures are most appropriate for your personal circumstances, often including specific spinal adjustments, spinal stretches and exercises to strengthen your posture, and sometimes traction therapy to mold you into your new posture for better health. These options will always be a much better approach than simply masking your symptoms with medications and pain-killers.