Headache Treatments in Rapid City, SD
Find relief from headaches
- Skilled Chiropractor
- Friendly Staff
- Non-Invasive Treatment Options
Our Rapid City Chiropractic Clinic offers migraine headache relief! Call us at (605) 718-1038 to schedule your appointment today!
Almost 90% of all Americans will experience headaches at some point during their lifetime, and at any given time, approximately 50% of the entire population of the country will be undergoing a headache. This condition is very common, although not normal! If you are experiencing headaches you need to seek Rapid City headache treatments at the Thrive Family Chiropractic.
Here we will use modern diagnostic equipment to find out the real cause of your recurring headaches, and take steps to eliminate them once and for all. The first step in treating your headaches is to find out exactly which type of headache you’re suffering from, and what the cause of your headaches may be. Once we have determined that, it will be a simple matter to prepare a program of treatment which addresses the situation, and lessens the severity and the frequency of the headaches you are experiencing.
Here are some of the most common headaches, and their causes and treatments:
- Tension headaches – These are often described as a tightness or a pressure which occurs all around the head, and a number of studies have shown that they are often associated with your forward head posture. Further research has also demonstrated that as the amount of your forward head posture rises, the severity of your headaches will rise right along with it, as will the frequency and duration.
- Cervicogenic headaches – Cervicogenic headaches typically begin as pain at the base of the skull and eventually wrap around to the temporal area. It can be triggered by neck movement, or awkward positions such as spending hours at a computer or on the phone. It sometimes causes pain around the eyes, and will also usually involve neck stiffness. Chiropractic adjustments are often very effective in treating cervicogenic headaches, significantly reducing the intensity, frequency, and duration, as compared to any other approach to resolution.
- Cluster headaches – As you might guess from the name, cluster headaches come together in short, intense bursts, which can go on for weeks or months. They are usually followed by remission periods where they might disappear for several months or years, before again returning to plague the victim. These are one of the most painful kinds of headaches you can experience, often waking up an individual in the middle of the night with severe pain at the side of the head or around the eyes.
- Migraine headaches – Migraine headaches can be extremely intense to the point of debilitating a person, and they can be accompanied by intense nausea or vomiting, a sensitivity to sounds and to light, and even difficulty with speech. Migraines are often triggered by physical stress, chemical imbalances, or emotional episodes. Chiropractic care can offer significant relief for migraine headaches, by seeking to realign neck bones, relieving nerve pressure, and reducing the triggers which cause migraines. Your chiropractic specialist will also sometimes recommend that you avoid food triggers, perform regular exercise, avoid stress, and get plenty of sleep.
Whatever type of headaches you may be experiencing, you should seek counsel with an expert chiropractor such as those at Thrive Chiropractic, so we can help you identify the type of headache you have, and the best approach to treatment.