Shoulder Pain Treatment in Rapid City, SD
Shoulder pain relief, get started on a custom care plan
- Professional Chiropractors
- Personable Staff
- Highly skilled
Our Rapid City chiropractic clinic offers shoulder pain relief! Call us at (605) 718-1038 to schedule your appointment today!
You might be surprised to learn that shoulders are injured more often than all other joints in your body. Because your shoulders have the greatest range of motion of any joint, it is more vulnerable to injury or to sustaining some kind of damage through normal usage. In virtually all cases, these issues can be effectively treated, even if you’ve sustained a broken bone in your shoulder. At Thrive Chiropractic, we offer Rapid City shoulder pain treatment involving everything from minor pains to overwhelming shoulder injuries. Here are the four basic types of shoulder injuries:
- post traumatic shoulder pain – this happens either as a result of progressive rotator cuff tears, or when a person has experienced persistent arthritis
- pediatric shoulder pain – this is generally caused by overuse of tendons or joints, or to injuries to growth plates in the shoulder
- traumatic shoulder pain – this occurs when there is a violent fracture to the shoulder, or when there are are especially violent rotator cuff tears
- degenerative shoulder pain – this category of shoulder pain takes in shoulder arthritis, as well as rotator cuff tears and degeneration of tendons.
Chiropractic treatment of shoulder injuries
We treat the source of the pain
Given the fact that there are so many possible causes of shoulder injuries, it stands to reason that there would be a number of different treatment approaches to help a patient recover from these injuries. Our staff members are well-trained and extremely skilled at diagnosing exactly what you’re shoulder injury has been caused by, as well as the severity of the injury. That means they’ll have no trouble in devising an effective treatment program which will help restore you to full functionality in the shortest time frame possible. Some of the shoulder injuries which we see most commonly at Thrive Chiropractic are the following:
- tendinitis – this generally shows up as a burning or a stiffness in the tendons of the shoulder area
- bursitis – this amounts to inflammation around the tissues and joints, thereby causing pain and discomfort during movements
- joint replacement – if you’ve had a joint replaced, post-surgical rehabilitation can restore shoulder functionality much more quickly
- rotator cuff tears – these are injuries which are associated with the tendons attached to the rotator cuff
- shoulder fractures – most often, these are injuries which are associated with falls or sports accidents
- adhesive capsulitis – sometimes referred to as frozen shoulder, this issue crops up whenever the connective tissue in your shoulder becomes inflamed
- labrum tears – injuries like these occur to the cartilage surrounding the socket joint of your shoulder
- shoulder impingement – when the tendons of the rotator cuff become inflamed or otherwise irritated, a shoulder impingement can occur.
Shoulder treatment at Thrive Chiropractic
Get started on your custom care plan today
You don’t have to live with recurring shoulder pain, especially when effective treatment can be administered so easily. Contact us at Thrive Chiropractic in Rapid City, so our chiropractic experts can diagnose your condition, and work with you on a treatment program. In no time at all, you’ll find that your shoulder injury and pain has subsided, and you’re back to doing all your normal activities in a pain-free manner.